Issue: VPN 360 is really slow on my Android device. I'm a Premium member using my Android but I can't even watch a movie.
About Slow Speeds on an Android Device
When you’re connected to VPN 360 or any VPN service, data travels through the VPN servers first before reaching its target. That's how internet anonymity is achieved and why it's normal to experience speed reduction from 30%-50% when using any VPN service.
Sometimes switching the connection OFF and ON few times can help the app search for servers that are closer to you and potentially faster.
If this step doesn't help with speed and you find your speed is being affected by 50% or more while using VPN 360, please run the following test and contact our support team by filling out this form:
To perform a speed test on your Android device:
- Start VPN 360 and connect to a Virtual Location (Germany or UK for example)
- Go to http://www.speedtest.net
- Important: The speed test should be performed in the same location where you're connected to. Tap on the Server drop-down menu and set the country to the same Virtual Location that you selected in VPN 360 (Germany or UK for example), or the closest possible location to the selected Virtual Location
- Wait for the test to finish and take a screenshot of the results
- While VPN 360 is still ON, open a new tab and get your IP address at maxmind.com Take a screenshot of the IP and location that is displayed
- Disconnect VPN 360.
- Go to http://www.speedtest.net again. Test your speed using the same country you previously selected and take a screenshot of the results.