VPN 360 Issue: VPN 360 is really slow on my iOS device. I'm a Premium member using my iPhone but I can't even watch a movie.
About Slow Speeds on an iOS Device
When you’re connected to VPN 360 or any VPN service, data going in and out of your device travels through the VPN servers first before reaching their target. That's how internet anonymity is achieved and why it's normal to experience speed reduction from 30%-50% when using any VPN service.
Sometimes switching connection OFF\ON a few times can help the app search for servers that are closer to you (faster). If this step doesn't help with speed and you find your speed is being affected by 50% or more while using VPN 360, please run the following test and contact our support team.
To perform a speed test on your iOS device:
- Start VPN 360 and connect to a Virtual Location (Germany or UK for example)
- Go to http://www.bandwidthplace.com/
- Important: The speed test should be performed in the same location where you're connected to. Tap on the Server drop-down menu and set the country to the same Virtual Location that you selected in VPN 360 (Germany or UK for example), or the closest possible location to the selected Virtual Location
- Wait for the test to finish and take a screenshot of the results
- While VPN 360s still ON, open a new tab and get your IP address here. Take a screenshot of the IP and location that is displayed
- Disconnect VPN 360
- Go to http://www.bandwidthplace.com/ again. Test your speed using the same country you previously selected and take a screenshot of the results